Monday, September 14, 2009

No animals were injured in the writing of this blog

A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor with abdominal pains, chest pain, just not feeling well. First thing he told me was "no animal products" he also put me on Zantac for ulcers, and anther pill for high blood pressure.


After a week of being totally "vegan", I was feeling pretty good....except for hives caused by one of the medications.


The doc then told me it was okay to "eat meat sparingly". I intend to emphasize the vegetarian aspects of the diet, and feel better if when I do eat animal products that is be very lean and only in small amounts.

Today I needed to make a treat for tonight's family time. I "googled" the words vegan cake, Google then kindly found this little gem of a recipe for Chocolate Vegan Cake. It looks like cake, it smells like cake it even tastes like cake, for the most part. the texture is ever so slightly different but not off putting. The pickiest eater in the world (my 8yo) had two pieces tonight

The recipe calls for soy milk and canolaoil, I used coconut milk and olive oil as it is what I had on hand.

No comments: