Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall into October

September was a pretty busy, so much so that I've neglected the blog, my knitting and home....in that order.

I have some minor health issues going on but change in diet has helped quite a bit with some of it. I've been volunteering at both daughters school so much, that I wish I was getting paid for the time so I could supplement my hobby allowance.

September was more of a hat month than sock or shawl I completed 2 baby hats, 2 Journey hats a Spring Beret, started Quincy, and finished a Booga Bag for the Chrysalis project at Tempe Yarn and Fiber. If I could have taken the the yardage and energy I used in making these small projects, to finish the bigger projects that I should have finished first. There is just something very satisfying about knitting a hat

Journey Hat

Booga Bag

The Booga Bag took just a couple of days to knit up. Tempe Yarn and Fiber is collecting these toe fill with items for a local women's crises shelter. I appreciate this LYS's efforts to provide opportunities to its customers to participate in local community service.

I'm glad to see October start. The kids have a two week fall break and I'm enjoying doing nothing but staying home and getting somethings done around here

Happy October!

No comments: