Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Having "sew" much fun

Sunday evening I pulled out the sewing machine to work on a a project for the swim team. The team captains wanted the coaches names embroidered on some deck chairs, for a coaches gift. I do my machine embroidery free hand and the results are not always polished perfect,, but after taking off the cover and practicing a bit I think the chairs turned out well. They are now with the team captains ready for their presentation tonight at the awards banquet. I will try and take a picture tonight.

Between loads of laundry yesterday I was able to fit in a baby quilt. It is actually more crib size. I fell in love with the fabric when I saw it put together at my local quilt shop. After the top was put together a couple of months ago I wasn't as in love with it as I wanted to be.
My dh informed me last week that his office was going to have a baby shower for one of his co-workers. I pulled out the top dug through the stash for batting and a back. " ta-daa" a very cheery, sunny, bright baby quilt.
tsunami baby quilt

I most excited because I didn't have to make any trips to the store to finish it. thank heavens for the fabric stash.

No comments: