Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day

We have a sort of tradition for New Years day. If we are in town the hubby likes to drive over to the other side of Phoenix to Glendale and have lunch at Cabela's. Cabela's is an store for fishing, camping, and hunting enthusiasts. They also happen to have a pretty good cafe/grill that the kids and the husband enjoy eating at. I usually just get a drink. This store has a wonderful display of taxidermy wildlife that you have to walk by to get to the cafe. I have a hard time eating lunch with all the animals "looking" at me.

While we were at Cabela's Dave got a state and urban fishing licences so he could take the kids fishing. After we returned home from our excursion to Cabela's a couple of the kids really wanted to go fishing. Dave did some research on the urban lakes in our area and chose to take the kids to the lake at Kiwanis park. It was great the kids had a great time and best of all they didn't catch anything. Can't beat that.

I'm pretty happy with the day. I got a lot of knitting done, finished the dishcloths for my MIL, worked on a scarf for next years red scarf project and didn't have to clean any fish.

No comments: