Thursday, September 11, 2008

Carry on.....

Today is the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 plane hijackings, which ended by jets crashing into the World trade Center , Pentagon building and a field in Pennsylvania and the deaths of many people. I play over in my head the happenings of that morning, what I was doing where we were going, and feeling like I just wanted to gather my kids around me and hold them tight.

What learned from this event and has been reaffirmed to me on various occasions is that life does go on, and it is up to me to carry on.

Other things I learned:
*Hug my family members everyday, tell them I love them. Following those words up with actions that also show that I care about them
*Honor those I have known and loved, who have passed away, through my actions in how I treat others, volunteer for activities I know that they would have supported
*Have fun! Find joy and beauty in every day and little things.
*Sometimes it is better to play with your kids than it is to have a perfectly clean house.
*Turn the television off.


Today while I go about my activities I will think about those events that happened seven years ago. I will pray for the families of those who lost loved ones that day, and I will carry on.

1 comment:

jm said...

as a new yorker who lost a brother-in-law in the trade center. FDNY. I thank you for remembering. Just happen to come across you while looking for Coggie who happens to be a swapper and my package from her arrived today!