Sunday, September 7, 2008

Monday thoughts

On Ravelry one of my most favorite forums is the She-Knits Podcast Group. For each day there generally is a thread titled "Small Talk". On this thread people post about what they are doing that day, knitting, jobs. We share good news and bad, We offer support and cheer each other on. Its my virtual knitting circle. I have even met other knitters from this group in real life. It's a pretty neat group of knitters/crocheters/ tatters

Most days Sharon (aka She-Knits) starts the thread with a thought, quote or question. For Monday Sept 8th these are the questions she posted




Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you
done it?
Or you can take the lightweight question,
If you could keep your
own brain but experience what it is like to be someone else for a day who would
it be?

It was easy to answer the first question. The second on was a little more difficult. I tend to empathize with other, my friends and family , a little to easily. When they are having problems and trials , my heart aches for them. I know I don't have the strength to be any of them for a day. The quick answer to this question is my 4yo dd. She is full of joy, wonderment and unconditional love. She is a fun kid, and makes me laugh all day. I would like to be her and see how she does it. I need a little more joy , wonderment and ability to love uncondtionally. This question is one I need to think about a little more today

I had hopes of posting projects today but got a little behind in my schedule. Maybe later.

No comments: