Monday, September 1, 2008

Gellin' Monday Blues

Today is Labor Day. Devoted to honoring the working people who fought for fair labor practices in this country. My 17 yo son an I have spent the monring assembling the "thing" he is going to use to ask a young lady to homecoming.

asking to homecoming dance

The idea is to put everything in a fishbowl and pour in blue colored gelatin. There is a note in the silver tin with a poem in it asking her to the dance. He wrote another poem that tells her to dig to the bottom of the deep blue see to find the treasure, I think we are going to wrap that poem around the large red gem looking peice of glass seen in the picture.

This is the third time I have tried to get this set up to work. So far everything is staying on the bottom...now I am just waiting to see if the gelatin will set up. If it doesn't work this time......He's gotta do something else.

No comments: