Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hi-ho,hi-ho its off to school they go

Sorry about all the kid talk. I'm a mom its what I do. This week marks the first week of school in out district, The two girls are very excited and happy for the start of school. The oldest girl Who from here on out shall be called Quitealot (because she can be a bit dramatic and when she is interested in something she get obsessive about it.) Quitealot tested into the gifted program and gets to ride the bus to the school! She feels so lucky to be able to do this. I hope the enthusiasm last throughout the year.

Banana Girl started Kindergarten, not one for frills and a ton of pink, she opted for the blue lunch sack and Camouflage backpack. I stuck a purple crocheted flower on the lunch box just to "girl" it up a bit.

The 12yo son, complained some but that is his nature. He started Jr High and while the first day was a little overwhelming for him the rest of the week has gone pretty well.
Some recent stash acquisition from Ravelry friend and local Arizonians etsy shop Gecko Yarns. I think the colorway is called Barcelona Nights. I think it will make a lovely Ishbel scarf.

With my oldest child graduating from High school and my youngest just starting the process. I am reminded of of Robert Fulghum's "All I Really needed To Know I Learned in Kindergarten" . A fun essay that reminds me to keep life simple and basic, be nice, learn to say I'm sorry when I hurt someone and "When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together"

3 comments:

Rondell said...

Your girl Quitealot reminds me of my nephew SuperSize! He can't never have enough to eat it seems he just wants more and more and more!

Brenda M. said...

How exciting for your little ones. I hope they are getting settled into the new routine and enjoying it. And that is some very beautiful yarn.

Andreapgn said...

Boy, are you a busy mom! When do you find to knit (or anything)?